Can carry a load of 110lbs for 26 kilometres per day at an altitude of 16,404 feet. Will be an ideal beast of burden for communities living on the slopes of Mt Kenya, the Aberdares and other highland areas.
Produce meat and milk
Produces finest fur in the world which will be collected and marketed through Chuka University College
• Free from most diseases that affect livestock
• Survives with little care in harsh environment
• Very friendly animal for tourist attraction
• Skin is used to make leather
The llama is a ruminant with a multichambered stomach and chews cud twice to help digest tough, fibrous vegetable matter.
In December 2009 four llamas (two males and two female) were donated by Don Hunt, Chairman of Mt Kenya Game Conservancy, to Chuka for breeding.
Faculty of Business studies
MBA — Master of Business
• Operations Management
• Human Resource Management
• MHRM — Master of Human Resource Management