Introduction: Personal note by Maria A Jacobs
We are currently in a very lucrative market in a slow growing economy. The current trend presents an opportunity for a service excellence increased demand for affordable yet up market business facilities and services that will enhance inbound as well as local business operations in S.A.
Our services will be positioned very carefully: they will be of extremely high quality, relevant, timely and accurate, tailored to the clients' needs so as to enable them to experience the WTC Johannesburg, Sandton Branch’s Business and Convention floor ultimately benefiting the overall economy.
We intend to provide a number of necessary services to the business community, local and incoming from all over the world.
Our marketing strategy will be based mainly on ensuring that business clients know what needs the services are able to fulfill, and making the right information available.
The following services will be offered:
- Business Operational help desk: Concierge
- VIP/Business assistance to visitors and tenants
- Meet and greet services at Gautrain station
- Meet and greet services at O R Tambo Banking facilities:
- ATM’s; Private banking etc
- Offering conference floor and facilities for training
- In-house Spa treatments and executive packages
- Private Game Reserve packages for delegations, clients, packaged including all transfers, accommodation, etc
- Accommodation arrangements in Sandton and beyond
- Payment facilities, financial infrastructure,
- Speed point machines: credit card facilities
- Car hire
- Business travel itineraries including flight reservations
- Charter bookings
- Magazines and newspapers
- Visa applications
- Grooming services
- Luggage storage
- After hour service number
- Entertainment : bookings/reservations
- Business desks offering printing, faxing facilities; wi-fi; virtual conferencing, fully comprehensive secretarial services, appointment schedules
- Refreshments and meals
- VIP networking lounge
The keys to success will undoubtedly be effective market segmentation through identification of several niche markets and implementation strategies. Along these lines the company intends to implement personal selling and direct marketing strategies to the target markets. Our personal selling marketing strategies will rotate around keeping in touch with investment and finance bodies for major clients and word-of-mouth for more individual investors. Our key success factors will include the following:
1. Excellence in fulfilling the promise: completely confidential, reliable, trustworthy expertise and information. This dictates that we have the latest technology and software.
2. Uncompromising commitment to the quality of the work: that is, quality data, information and equipment.
3. Developing visibility to generate new business leads.
Leveraging from a single pool of expertise into multiple revenue generation opportunities.
5. Successful niche marketing: we intend to find and target the quality-conscious business client in the right channels, making sure that the clients will find us through aggressive marketing.
6. Timeous response to clients’ bookings/requests: we cannot afford to delay the client's requests for whatever reason as this will have a negative bearing on our image and reputation, including future business. We need to be continually communicating with the client.
7. Marketing know-how: in an increasingly competitive market there is need to aggressively market our business and the services we provide so as to be continuously at the top of our prospective and current clients minds.
8. Entrepreneurial Flair: market volatility and increasing duplication of business ideas advocates that we continuously keep abreast of new trends and our competitors.
WTC Johannesburg: Aerial View - Conceptual
We, the WTC Johannesburg, Sandton branch, offers clients reliable, quality information and proposals for business development, market development, and channel development that will maximize business development.
Our mission statement is:
"We endeavor to understand our clients’ needs so well as to be able to offer a turn-key business environment."
WTC Johannesburg, Sandton branch will be focusing on local businesses and foreign investors looking at investing in the country. These will be small, medium, and large-sized companies looking for a total service and quality work.
Our most important group of potential clients is foreign investors. These are potential investors who want to have a feel and understanding of the local markets and the opportunities, and constraints they present to them.
One of our most important market segments is the large organization looking at penetrating new or existing markets. These companies will be calling on WTC Johannesburg, Sandton Branch for development functions that are better spun off than managed in-house, for market research, and feasibility studies
Medium-sized growth companies:
Particularly in rapidly expanding markets, WTC Johannesburg, Sandton branch will offer an attractive development alternative to the company that is management constrained and unable to address opportunities in new markets and new market segments.
In an increasingly competitive environment entrepreneurs are becoming more cautious in the markets they seek to enter and on establishing new market opportunities. They are often seeking for prior research to be done to identify possible markets that are suited to their resources and capabilities.
Opportunities – presented by 16th at WTC business floor:
- Specific niche. Appreciation for high quality, accurate, unbiased and relevant information, business support services, conference and boardroom facilitation;
- The introduction of Financial Services Centre presents a vast opportunity, as both foreign and local firms will be looking for information, which may assist on entering their respective markets.
- Current growth of the economy in comparison to other economies presents an opportunity for an increased number of foreign investors to invest in the markets.
- The current drive towards localization is causing an increasing number of local individuals to invest and start their own businesses.
- The new generation of entrepreneurs, corporations, professionals, and business owners has a far greater appreciation for the need for adequate planning and relevant information
- Internet marketing and sales – advanced technology
- Increasing number of foreign firms, especially from Africa and abroad looking at penetrating the local markets.
- Existence of well-established government organizations that deal directly with aspiring entrepreneurs -- local and foreign, presents us with a networking opportunity.